2. Psalm of praise
Leader: O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is your name in all the earth!
People: You have set your glory high above the heavens.
Leader: When I look to the heavens, I see the work of your fingers.
People: In the heavens, you have established the moon and the stars.
Leader: What are human beings that you should pay attention to us?
People: Why would you care about us mortals?
Leader: You have made us a little lower than the angels.
People: You have crowned us with glory and honor.
Leader: You have given us dominion over the works of your hands.
People: You have put all things under our care,
Leader: All sheep and oxen…
People: The beasts of the field…
Leader: The birds of the air…
People: The fish of the sea.
Leader: All these things you have put under our care.
People: O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is your name in all the earth!
3. Song to centre us: She sits like a bird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Du78dyu-Vc&t=598s from 13.20
4. Holy notices …. Push those barriers! Early in the cycle?
- World AIDS day next Tuesday at 7.30 (‘enhanced housegroup’): any thoughts or willingness to lead prayers and participate?
- Let us actually think and discuss …. think about a potential action from the house group of indeed the church, or how to keep this agenda rolling?
5. A little bit of fun ….
6. Listen and reflect
1:16:43-1:22:00 Some personal reflections to consider
- Do you turn from capitalism at your baptism?
- History of civil disobedience in the country! Want to follow Prince Charles?
- Environmentalism = sacred service … anti the status quo.
- When have you experienced church in a different way?
7. Prayers … we thank God for people who follow the examples we heard in our testimony
One: We pray for the Church: that we may be a beacon of hope throughout the world, reminding us all of our responsibility to care for and protect God’s precious gift of creation. Lord, in your mercy … Many: hear our prayer.
One: We pray for the world, our common home: that through God’s grace we may hear its cry of the damage done and be moved to protect it for future generations to enjoy. Lord, in your mercy... Many: hear our prayer.
One: We pray for those people who are already facing droughts, floods and storms: that God may grant them strength and hope for the future as they work to adapt to the changing climate. Lord, in your mercy... Many: hear our prayer.
One: We pray for the waters of the world, that they may be restored to health and filled with bountiful life.
Response: God of Creation, help us to respect and renew the Earth. Many: hear our prayer.
One: We pray for world leaders: that God may grant them wisdom to make just decisions which respect the earth and all that lives in it, especially those who are poorest and most vulnerable. Lord, in your mercy… Many: hear our prayer.
One: We pray for the world we live in: that God may open our eyes to recognise the goodness of all creation and help us to do what we can to restore and care for the wonderful gift that we have been given. Lord, in your mercy… Many: hear our prayer.
One: We pray for ourselves. Community prayers. Feel free to name places or situations that need our prayers. Lord, in your mercy… Many: hear our prayer.
8. Irish blessing – our song for November house group (fade at 3.10)